So, I think it’s safe to say that I’m inspiralized. I’ve had my spiralizer in business for five days and I’ve already spiralized four vegetables (cucumber, carrot, butternut squash and potato), and made three spiralized meals. I’ve been getting some inspiration from www.inspiralized.com and dreaming up many of my own ideas as well. I’ve also been practicing photographing my creations for use in my blog (and possibly in a cookbook someday?).
If I ever do write a cookbook, I’ll have to work on giving more precise measurements. My cooking style is more of a “eyeball it and hope for the best” approach, rather than using precise measurements of quantities. In many cases, as in this carrot salad, exact quantities aren’t worth the fuss. Here is a list of what I used, and you can add as much or as little of each as your inner foodie desires (about a handful of each should do).
– 2-3 large carrots, peeled and spiralized
– crumbled feta
– candied pecans (see previous post for recipe)
– dried cranberries
– sesame seeds
– snow peas, halved or left whole
– grape tomatoes, halved
– balsamic vinegar to dress
– 4 poached egg whites
1) Spiralize carrots and place in large salad bowl
2) Poach egg whites and season with pepper
3) Add remaining ingredients to carrots
4) Top with poached eggs