A cozy autumn recipe to kick off the fall..
Very easy and healthy!
– 8 apples
– 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
– chopped pecans
– cinnamon to taste
1) Peel and chop apples, and place into a saucepan
2) Add enough water to the pan to almost reach the top of the apples
3) Bring to a boil, then let simmer about 15 minutes or until apples are soft
4) Drain excess water and mash apples for a chunky consistency, or puree for a smooth consistency
5) Stir in pumpkin, desired amount of pecans and cinnamon to taste
6) Serve in individual ramekins topped with pecans and cinnamon
Makes 10 servings.