It’s been over two months since Christmas and I’m still spiralizing my heart out. I have lots more recipes and photos that need to make their way onto this blog… Oh, and ‘spiralize’ still has not yet become a real word in the English language. *sigh*
Anyway, all that to say, although I’m still hooked on veggie noodles, I’ve recently developed an obsession for another cooking “theme”.
Mason Jar Meals!
Because, seriously, there’s just something about that little old fashioned glass jar that makes my soul happy. And stuffing it with food, well, that just amplifies the happiness.
I adapted this recipe from a post I found on Pinterest and it works like magic. You can have healthy, delicious, dessert-like breakfasts for the week in 10 minutes–max.
– 1/4 cup oats
– 1/4 cup yogurt (I used 0% plain greek yogurt)
– 1/3 cup milk (I used vanilla soy milk, but regular milk or almond milk will work just fine too)
– 1 tablespoon chia seeds (I put those little super seeds in everything I can)
– 1 teaspoon maple syrup
– a couple generous scoops of fresh or frozen fruit to top (I used frozen mixed berries and frozen cherries)
1) Place all ingredients except fruit in each jar.
2) Add lid and shake until combined.
3) Remove lid and add fruit to top of jar.
4) Replace lid and refrigerate overnight.